October 14, 2020
Health Helps #2
- “Boo to the Flu” campaign is being promoted by the Missouri Department of Health for 2020-2021. This campaign encourages parents to consider getting Influenza (Flu) Vaccines for their children before October 31. Please check with your health care provider/health department if you want more information on influenza vaccinations.
- The color coded school algorithm, for Holt County, listing the high and low risk symptoms for COVID -19 was sent home with all students the first week of school. It is also now posted on the school website for reference. The South Holt Knights refrigerator magnets are also a good reference checklist.
- Important letter from Mr. Ottman today, on website and also sent home with students.
- GI (gastrointestinal) symptoms are not listed on the South Holt magnet, but these are very important symptoms to keep in mind in regards to COVID -19, as they may be the first symptoms appearing in some. (nausea/vomiting/ diarrhea/ loss of appetite/abdominal pain)
- Handwashing, keeping your hands away from your face, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, proper use of Kleenex are vital .Stay home if you are ill.
- Cold weather will soon appear – please help your student dress appropriately for the weather.
- Please contact the school if you have any concerns/needs.
Susan Lentz RN BSN
- Student Health Services